Health Problems in the Classroom PreK–6 is the essential resource for today's inclusive classroom, providing concise and practical facts about common health problems, chronic illnesses, and disabilities encountered every day by teachers, teacher aides, and school administrators. This comprehensive, easy-to-use guide includes detailed information on:
- Signs and symptoms, primary groups affected, attendance guidelines, and medications
- Communications with parents and caregivers
- Family and community issues
- Peer relationships, self-esteem, and stigma
- Important policies for classroom health procedures such as hand washing, immunizations, and more
- Specific procedures for coping with cuts and abrasions, allergic reactions, casts, tube feedings, and all "911" medical emergencies
Find coverage of: Asthma, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Fever, Head Lice, Influenza, Mononucleosis, Pink Eye, Poisoning, Spider Bites, Strep Throat, Toothache, Vision Problems, and more than 120 other health problems in one comprehensive guide.